Sunday 8 January 2017

Hakiki Turkish Ice Cream, Enmore

Following my meal at Salmon & Bear, I decided to work off some calories and strolled along the main street in search of dessert. Having never ventured this far into Enmore, I had to rely on trusty old GoogleMaps to navigate my way to Hakiki Turkish Ice Cream, which has been on my to-go wishlist for over a year.

Street Sign
Inside the Dessert Bar

Hakiki Turkish Ice Cream also sells baklava, Turkish delight, and other sweets as well but the main drawcard here is their ice cream:

Ice Cream Display

Turkish ice cream is created with salep (i.e. dried, powdered root of an orchid that grows in Southern Turkey), which gives the ice cream its stringy texture and tendency to not melt (or at least melt a lot slower than Western ice cream) so it's ideal for consumption on a super hot day like today.

Baklava and Turkish Delight Ice Cream in Small Cup ($5)

Stumped by the choices, I ended up picking their baklava and Turkish delight ice cream. I was very impressed with their baklava flavour - thick, stringy ice cream mixed with different types of baklava and the filo pastry was still crunchy/crispy - and the Turkish delight had a strong, yet not overpowering, rosewater flavour. The ice cream isn't sickly sweet, which I absolutely hate, so you could happily eat a tub of this ice cream without a massive sugar rush.

I ended up visiting Cow & The Moon afterwards but wasn't really that impressed by their gelato offering and prices so I returned to Hakiki to purchase a takeaway container of ice cream. As it would take up to one hour for me to go home, staff kindly offered to put it into their freezer for 15-20 min so that the ice cream could firm up in the styrofoam container and (hopefully) survive the trip home.

Yay! Now I can enjoy the ice cream from the comforts of my own home.


Hakiki Turkish Ice Cream Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment: