Saturday 15 October 2016

Frangos, Petersham

Frangos was another place that Ivanhoe and Lenni also raved about in Petersham, which is conveniently located across the road from Sweet Belem. There was a queue out the door of the fast food place so that must surely be a good sign... until you see see customers throwing away half a tray of hot chips... hmmm...

Front Counter

As you line up in the queue, you get to see stacks of cooked charcoal chicken waiting to be served as well as a view of the large selection of sides.

SaladsSides

The old woman that manned the indoor seating gave a curt "no!" when I tried taking a picture of their rotating chicken so sadly no pics. They must have spent quite a bit to obtain an auto-rotating rotisserie for multiple rows of chicken over a large charcoal pit. However I did take a few sneaky pics of the cooked butterflied chicken at the front of the store whilst lining up for chicken:

Stack of Charcoal Chicken

After purchasing our chicken, we ended up walking 5-10 min down the main road until we hit a serene park with a few families with kids playing on the play equipment. Lenni, having had prior experience, offered me cutlery, which in my haste to get out of the fast food place, I had forgotten to grab (nor knew that I even had to).

Takeaway Charcoal Chicken (half: $7.50)

Someone has got to explain to me what is so good about this place - the seasoning was good and with the half-chicken that I got, the chicken thigh was soft and juicy but then the chicken breast was rather dry. It was just like a BBQ chicken but with a slight charred, smoky flavour on the skin.

Maybe I need to visit El Jannah as well to compare but until then I'm happy with one from the local supermarket or one that I personally roast in the oven.



Frango's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment: