Saturday 14 March 2015

Catalina, Rose Bay


 A few weeks ago we were fortunate enough to attend a gorgeous wedding at the Catalina, Rose Bay.
The venue was stunning! A terrific function setting especially in summer, to take full advantage of the long daylight hours and the bay views before the sun sets.
The stylish room itself fits around 140, without view obstructing pillars (which wins a point in my books) so all the guests feel part of the action. You can find more details about this venue on the Catalina website.

Upon trying the canapes, it is apparent why this restaurant has won numerous awards. Waiters greeted guests with fresh plump seared scallops and smoked salmon bites. I couldn't help but get an extra scallop! They were divine.

The followings are the dishes we were served.
Salad of poached tiger prawns, avocado, fennel and harissa dressing; lime aioli
Vitello tonnato – poached veal fillet, potato gratin, tuna mayonnaise and rocket
I was anticipating alternate service but was most impressed when we were told all guests could choose which entree and main they were served. I went with the prawn and Uncle G chose the veal . We were divided on which we thought was our favourite because they were both SOOO good!
Crispy skin salmon with a salad of blood orange, shaved fennel, toasted walnuts;
 orange reduction sauce
Caramelised pork belly with endives and apple sauce
Cheesy porcini and king mushroom risotto with parmesan crisps
 This was during my odd "unwell" phase, so instead of the salmon and pork belly, I opted for the vegetarian option. I have to say, it was giant serving of risotto, but it was cooked to perfection.

The desserts were served alternately. I was glad I got the raspberry semifreddo! It had just the sour zing I enjoy ending a meal with. Then just as I was halfway through dessert, we saw fireworks! Woohooo!

Catalina Rose Bay definitely impressed me as a wedding venue. Great views, food, service and the added bonus of easy parking for the guests. I'm keen to visit again for a nice late lunch one day.


Catalina Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment: